International Meeting workshop is to improve the participants’ meeting and negotiating ability so that he/she is equipped to achieve objectives at meetings by:
- Presenting information coherently to an international audience
- Establishing rapport across cultures
- Gaining participant buy-in through empathy
The main purpose of the workshop is to supply the participants with the tools necessary to improve their communication style. The participants will improve performance in international dialogue and develop the interpersonal skills required when negotiating in the international environment. Fine-tuning and enhancing the participants´ personal style in delivery and focus is the underlying goal. Participants will acquire guidelines on personality type recognition, adaptation techniques, active listening skills and facilitation of the discussion and outcome.
- Preparing for the negotiation (your needs, interests, desired outcome, negotiation team, BATNA etc.)
- Understanding the negotiation context, your counterpart and stakeholders strategy, positions and need
- The negotiation process – agenda setting, introduction of needs, standpoints, resistance points, alternative outcomes and agreement
- Negotiation strategies and techniques
- Dealing with diverse audiences perceptions, contexts and objectives
- Task and relationship focus
- Conflict Management in negotiations
- Culture´s impact on negotiations
Focus topics listed describe suggested course material, as with all training, consultation, and coaching the actual course material will be tailored to achieve targets set by our clients.
Stuart McGill, Our Expert on International Meeting