Are you and your colleagues making the most of your professional networking interactions? Do you sometimes attend networking events, only to find that you leave dissatisfied? There could, of course, be many reasons for this, but could it be that your professional networking skills and techniques need some practice? In the age of virtual networking, ʻactualʼ networking & interpersonal skills may be fading and leading to missed professional opportunities.
This informative & interactive half-day seminar first takes you back to basics, pinpointing exactly what professional networking is. It then builds on your existing knowledge to show that, once key skills and techniques are employed, networking can provide a huge professional advantage. Through scenarios and role-playing, key skills and techniques are practiced to build confidence and to improve individual performances.
- What exactly is Professional Networking and how can it benefit me and my business?
- Where & how does Professional Networking take place?
- Common assumptions & mistakes
- Verbal & non-verbal communication
- Various scenarios and role-plays, to practice new skills
- Organinzing & attending Professional Networking events (key points)
- Working in small teams, participants work together to initially challenge and investigate their own ideas and experiences of Professional Networking. Then through short presentations and scenarios, alternative skills and techniques are added to enhance existing abilities.
- The seminar is intentionally interactive, allowing participants to openly discuss past successes (& failures) of Professional Networking with the group.