This workshop will help you feel more at home in your new environment more quickly. You will learn about the role that national culture plays in everyday life. The workshop provides guidelines on how to deal effectively with cultural differences and culture shock and gives practical tips on “how to…..Germany”.
Relocation to a different culture can be a challenge. The changes and contrasts in the everyday things such as the language, food, weather, shopping and socializing are only a small part of the relocation process and culture shock. It is often the deeper, unseen differences in values and mentality that have a more profound effect.
This Cross-Cultural Awareness workshop will cover the following themes:
Part 1: National Culture
- Understanding national culture
- The 3 levels of culture
Part 2: Culture Shock & Intercultural Competence
- Recognizing and dealing with culture shock
- Developing intercultural competence
- Dealing effectively with contrasts in values, mentality, world view and interpersonal interaction
- How to help your children
Part 3: How to…. Germany
- Key facts about Germany
- German values
- German social norms & etiquette
- Practical tips; shopping, language, food, entertainment, accommodation etc.