This workshop aims to acquaint the participant with the role that national culture plays in international business. The workshop draws on research from Hofstede, Trompenaars, the GLOBE research team etc. and provides best practice guidelines for managing cultural diversity. Real-life case-studies are used to explore the impact of culture on international business and cross-cultural team collaboration.
The participants will gain awareness of:
- Criteria for analyzing and understanding national and regional cultures
- National cultures impact on our values, perceptions and behaviors
- Cross-cultural challenges in international business
- Best-practice solutions to cross-cultural challenges
- The link between national and corporate culture
- Cultures’ impact on communication, leadership, teamwork and project management
The workshop supports the participants by the providing knowledge and developing skills to deal with the challenges of working across cultures. Participants are prepared for international assignments, expatriate integration, or working effectively in or leading international teams. The participants reflect on their intercultural competence and a skill set which enhances their on-the-job cross-cultural empathy and adaptability.
- Criteria for understanding culture Power distance and hierarchical thinking Uncertainty avoidance and risk-tolerance Individualism and collectivism Quantity and quality of life
- Culture and communication
- International project management
- Working in culturally diverse teams
- Cultural specific attitudes and perceptions
- Country guidelines based on participants areas of interest
Focus topics listed describe suggested course material, as with all training, consultation, and coaching the actual course material will be tailored to achieve targets set by our clients.
Dr. Christine McCarthy, Our Expert on Cross-Cultural Awareness