Cross-Cultural communication presents many challenges. Numerous potentially promising meetings or business ventures fail due to misunderstandings which occur or a disregard for basic communication behavioral issues. This training is designed to enhance the participant’s international communication skills by creating awareness of the culture and context of dialogue.
The participants will critically analyze their personal communication style and its cultural context and identify and practice effective communication skills essential to have appeal and impact in an international setting.
- Culture´s impact on communication
- Creating understanding and relevance across cultures
- Meetings and negotiations in an international context
- Comprehension and coherency (linear-active, multi-active and reactive cultures)
- Communication patterns and behavior (defined by countries e.g. UK., US etc.)
- Listener-oriented communication (international focus)
- High-context, low-context communication; (e.g. East vs. West)
- Chairing & facilitating in a cross-cultural context
- Relational vs. task-focused communication
- High-context, low-context communication; (e.g. Asia vs. Anglo-Saxon)
- Process management in communication, situational discourse vs. agenda driven discourse
- Leadership styles, motivational communication
Focus topics listed describe suggested course material, as with all training, consultation, and coaching the actual course material will be tailored to achieve targets set by our clients.
Dr. Christine McCarthy, Our Expert on Cross-Cultural Communication