This workshop will help you feel more at home in your new environment more quickly. You will learn about the role that national culture plays in everyday life. The workshop provides guidelines on how to deal effectively with cultural differences and culture shock and gives practical tips on “how to…..[Target Country]”.
Expatriate Training Focus:
- National Culture
- Understanding national culture
- The 3 levels of culture
- Culture Shock & Intercultural Competence
- Recognizing and dealing with culture shock
- Developing intercultural competence
- Dealing effectively with contrasts in values, mentality, world view and interpersonal interaction
- How to…. [Target Country]
- Key facts about [Target Country]
- [Target Country] values
- [Target Country] social norms & etiquette
- Practical tips; shopping, language, food, entertainment, accommodation etc.
Dr. Christine McCarthy, Our Expert on Expatriate Training