The target of this workshop is to improve the participants’ negotiating ability and interpersonal skills in the area of conflict resolution.
The participant’s communication effectiveness and empathy will be enhanced. Knowledge and skills will be acquired to improve the participants’ understanding of the nature of conflict, differing perspectives and standpoints during negotiations or meetings, different approaches to communication across cultures, diverse conflict resolution strategies and attitudes to conflict management.
The participants will explore how to:
- Present information and arguments coherently to a diverse audience
- Be diplomatic, target oriented and flexible in meetings and negotiations
- Recognize and deal skillfully with potential conflict areas
- Employ appropriate conflict resolution strategies
The main focus of the workshop is to support the participants to develop a skill set to deal effectively with communication challenges and conflict resolution in a cross-cultural environment.
- The negotiation as a process
- Negotiation strategies and outcomes, dealing with diverse perceptions, reality and objectives
- Approaches to conflict resolution (TKI Model)
- Focusing on interests and outcomes not positions (Fisher & Ury)
- Recognizing personality type (MBTI, Insights, I-Opt)
- Intercultural competence in negotiations and conflict resolution
Focus topics listed describe suggested course material, as with all training, consultation, and coaching the actual course material will be tailored to achieve targets set by our clients.
Dr. Christine McCarthy, Our Expert on Intercultural Conflict Resolution