This workshop aims to address the issues and concerns facing leaders of transnational teams and intercultural team members working in a virtual context. We will be focusing on the skills necessary to lead and work effectively in a virtual environment. The workshop focuses on cultural influence on people (leadership and teamwork), common understanding of the team’s purpose (common goals) and harmonization in project management.
The workshop Leading Virtual teams creates participant awareness of individual strengths and possible areas for development in leadership, communication, project management, relationship management and work style. Through team-sharing, we generate an understanding for diversity of approach towards achieving the common goals. Focus is on developing or achieving compliance on common behavioral norms in high performing cross-cultural, virtual teams.
- Leading a cross-cultural, virtual team
- Communication in virtual teams
- Project management in virtual teams
- The network community – thinking global & acting local
- Shared vision networks (accountability, realizing opportunities)
- Challenges and generic challenges in virtual team leadership and teamwork
- Teambuilding in a virtual environment
Dr. Christine McCarthy, Our Expert on Leading Virtual Teams