Cross Cultural Awareness
Asia and Europe – two cultures come closer, resulting in new opportunities but also presenting us with challenges if the cultural diversity is not effectively managed.
The intercultural encounters are characterized by euphoria on the one hand and by confusion on the other hand due to the cultural differences. When managing cultural diversity, intercultural awareness and cross-cultural competence are of great importance.
The Cross-Cultural Training – China focuses on the cross-cultural differences in communication, leadership, negotiation, decision-making, conflict resolution styles, etc. Cross-cultural awareness is enhanced to ensure effective and successful collaboration with your Asian, particularly Chinese business partners.
In the Cross-Cultural Training – China we will provide you with first-hand information on the historical, political, cultural and economic background in the development of China. Information will be given on the opportunities and challenges of collaborating with Chinese business partners. You will acquire knowledge concerning the particularities of Chinese business culture. Our qualified Chinese trainers and experienced intercultural consultants will provide you with guidelines on adapting appropriately to cultural differences and managing cultural diversity in the collaboration with your Asian business partners.
The workshops explores key questions such as:
- How do I understand and respond appropriately to the Chinese communication style?
- What does “loss of face” actually mean and how can it be avoided?
- Why are decisions rarely made directly in the meeting?
- What role does hierarchy play and how do I deal effectively with rank?
- How do the Chinese view their Western business partners?
- What is the Chinese attitude to innovation and creativity?
- What type of leadership style is respected and how do I integrate or lead a Chinese team?
- How does the Chinese project management style differ to the Western approach?
Focus topics listed describe suggested course material, as with all training, consultation, and coaching actual course material will be tailored to achieve targets set by our clients.
Nina Xiaobo Jia, Our Expert on China