The target of this training is to familiarize the participant with the national and business culture of Korea. The participants gain awareness of the impact of culture on day-to-day business matters. The training aims to create awareness of cultural diversity and to provide guidelines on how to use this diversity to one’s advantage. Participants will learn how to work successfully in the cross-cultural team with colleagues or business partners from Korea.
Upon completion of the training participants will be:
- Knowledgeable of basic culture concepts concerning Korea and Europe
- Knowledgeable of intercultural competence at work
- Knowledgeable of Korean and European cultures able to demonstrate intercultural appropriate behaviors
We explore key questions such as:
- How does one leverage cultural diversity in pan-European / Korean teams to achieve goals?
- How does one recognize and understand cultural differences and engage cultural ambiguities?
- How does national culture (Korea & Europe) affect decision making?
- What norms and values are important to Koreans and Europeans?
- What are some specific Dos & Don’ts?
- What are culture’s impact on behaviors?
- What are culture’s impact on structures and processes such as communication and leadership style?
- How does culture impact one’s risk-aversion?
- How do cultural values and assumptions affect the decision-making processes?
Focus topics listed describe suggested course material, as with all training, consultation, and coaching actual course material will be tailored to achieve targets set by our clients.
Sue Kim Gyungsook, Our Expert on Cross-Cultural Awareness – Korea