Cross Cultural Awareness
The United Kingdom of Great Britain consists of the four countries England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. There is a wealth of cultural and regional diversity within and across these four countries. The Cross-Cultural Training – UK provides insight into cultural differences in the areas of communication, leadership, decision processes, behavior in conflict situations, teamwork etc. Intercultural awareness will be enhanced to ensure effective and successful collaboration with your British business partners.
In our Cross-Cultural Training – UK you will receive background information about the historical, political, cultural and economic background of Great Britain’s development. You will gain knowledge about the opportunities and the challenges in collaboration with your British business partners. The particularities of the British corporate culture will be elaborated on. Experienced British trainers and skilled intercultural consultants provide guidelines on how to adapt successfully to cultural differences and the approach to cultural diversity in collaboration with your British business partners.
We explore key questions and points such as:
- What are the key cultural differences between the various regions in the UK?
- The uniqueness of Great Britain
- The UK and its attitudes to global or European initiatives
- British individualism and team-orientation
- Risk-tolerance and decision-making processes in the UK
- Hierarchy and rank in relationships
- British conservatism and traditionalism; polite, restrained behavior and conservative appearance
- Dealing with humor and irony in British communication
- Understanding the message in British communication
- British meeting and presentation style
- British conflict management approach
- The dos and donts when dealing with British business partners