Breaking silos and leading in a matrix organization
Breaking silos and leading in a matrix organization objectives
This module explores the challenges of and necessary capabilities to collaborate and lead effectively in a matrix organization. Effectively managing a matrix system requires that people are inclusive, collaborative, agile, adaptive, influencers, performance and customer focused.
The participants will explore their collaboration strengths in the organization´s matrix structure and define possible development areas. Participants will practice building relationships, trust, empathy, conflict-management, self-awareness and influencing which are key capabilities to work well in a matrix system.
The module explores collaboration and motivational leadership in matrix systems and solutions to the participants´ needs and context.
Breaking silos and leading in a matrix organization content
- How to breakdown silos and build an agile, collaboration culture
- Dealing with challenges moving from a hierarchical to matrix structure
- Develop skills to manage multiple bosses and multiple team membership – solid and dotted lines
- Manage effective virtual cross-functional, cross-business meetings and communications
- Overcome slower decision making and build a network
- Manage performance and build accountability for results without control over resources
- Positively influence without line or disciplinary authority
- Deal effectively with complexity and focus on outcomes
- Manage constant change and sustain own and others´ motivation
- Drive performance in VUCA environment