Situational leadership module
Situational leadership module objectives
Situational leadership has become ever more relevant when leading teams across-functions, business and regions in the global environment where one size does not fit all. Situational leadership competence supports leaders to effectively manage, coach and develop teams of varying commitment and competence levels. This module focuses on supporting the participants in enhancing their leadership skills to successfully lead teams with high levels of diversity towards performance.
A main target of the module is to broaden the participants’ leadership scope to include adaptability to be able to manage high, moderate and low performing team members and direct reports. The participants will be given guidance on how to ensure consistent high performance in teams through management of performance expectations, coaching and development, pro-active collaboration with HR and consistent performance management.
Situational leadership content
- Understand and use the Situational Leadership® II (SLII®) model and process that helps leaders be more purposeful and intentional in their conversations with people
- Set goals with their people, diagnose the commitment and competence level, match the coaching to the individual
- Use the appropriate leadership style in response to the needs of the person and the situation
- Coach for results
- Develop people´s self-reflection and self-leadership
- Build a culture where people are clear and aligned on objectives so that they can achieve organizational goals faster